Foundation HPC-Skills Training Course April 2023
This course will cover the fundamental skills to enable you to use a DiRAC system. Including a version control system like Git, a workload manager like Slurm, and introducing concepts in software engineering.
The learner will be able to:
- Use the basic tools of the Unix environment, file management, and common editors
- Implement a command script
- Use Gitl tool
- Understand the principles of software design and testing
- Use tools to demonstrate good networking practice.
- be able to submit a simple job script
- Understand the principles of code scaling
Summary of work undertaken
The course will run from the 24th of April to the 28th of April. In the afternoon from 12:30 to 16:30 each day.
The closing date for application is Friday the 31st of March