Decentralised Cloud Storage
Investigate the potential of using Storj Decentralised Cloud Service for scientific data sharing the Rucio scientific data management framework.
Summary of work undertaken
– We shared scientific dataset using Storj DCS through Zenodo (e.g. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.6369178).
– Performance for upload and download of data on Storj DCS using Rclone was monitored.
– We investigated how to configure Storj DCS as a storage element in Rucio, and performed a synthetic data transfer from a remote Rucio client.
– Workflow and scripts to share data on Storj DCS.
– Performance report (https://www.storj.io/resource/university-of-edinburgh-performance-report)
– Documentation of configuration for Storj as a Rucio storage element (https://app.archbee.com/doc/Nf9hb4wvtgW8RxTodjWQ6/8IATlmHE_1fC09IMsHzRN)