Data Privacy at DiRAC
At DiRAC we are completely committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We have strict procedures in place to protect your personal data when you give it to us and we store all your data on UK-based secure servers.
What information do we collect?
You provide some of the information yourself – to register for a training account and the Essentials Level test you need to give us your personal contact details:
- email address;
We collect some information automatically:
- technical information, like the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet and your unique identifier;
- information about your visit, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our training site, pages you viewed and length of visits to certain pages.
What do we do with your information?
We use the information you provide to improve the DiRAC training experience for you and for everyone. That includes:
- notifying you about things you have asked as about, such as internal or external training opportunities and events that might be useful to you;
- notifying you of test results;
- getting in touch if we need to tell you about something, like a change to our policies;
- using the technical information about your visit to iterate and adjust our training offering (by looking at things like which pages are most popular compared to those which receive very little traffic etc..)
Information we receive that is not classified as personal data, such as that from the pre- and post-training surveys is shared only internally with our small training team and used solely to improve our training offering. For example, once your pre- and post-training survey responses have been matched up, any personal information that could identify you is removed or changed before any analysis is carried out.
Do we share your information with other organisations?
- we only use your information to improve your experience. We do not share your information with any external organisations unless you give us your permission to share it, for example, with other training organisations or HPC-Special Interest Groups.
In exceptional circumstances, we might share your information without your permission if we reasonably believe you might be breaking the law, for example using hate speech on one of our forums, and such disclosure is allowed under the relevant laws, including the data protection law.
How long do we keep your information?
- we will only hold your personal contact information for a period of four years from the date you give it to us, for example when you register for either a training account or for the Essentials Level test. While your information is with us, it is stored on UK-based secure servers;
- We may close your account if you havnt used it in a long time. We’ll always send you an email to tell you that we plan to do this before we delete anything.
You will always be asked to consent to us storing your data, and you can withdraw that consent at any time by emailing DiRAC Support.
Keep your login credentials secure. If you have any reason to suspect these have been compromised, you should either Contact Us or change them immediately.