Access to DiRAC is co-ordinated by The STFC’s DiRAC Resource Allocation Committee, which puts out an annual Call for Proposals to request time, a Director’s Discretionary Call, and operates a Seedcorn Time programme for small requests.
Notification about any Call will be posted on our News page, and on Twitter.Follow @DiRAC_HPC
14th Call for Proposals
For each Call the RAC produces a set of documentation that includes a number of forms that every applicant must complete. The RAC also provides a comprehensive set of guidance notes.
In addition to the scientific proposal application form, applicants must also submit a technical case (one per proposal) and an RSE Support application.
14th Call for Proposals Documentation
The Announcement, Forms and Guidance Notes for the 14th Call can be accessed at the links below are below.
- 14th Call Announcement
- 14th Call Guidance Notes
- 14th Call Application Form
- 14th Call Technical Application Form
- 14th Call RSE Support Application Form
- 14th Call RSE Support Guidance
13.5 Special Call for Proposals (closed)
13.5 Special Call for Proposals Documentation
The Announcement, Forms and Guidance Notes for the 13.5 Special Call can be accessed at the links below are below.
- 13.5 Call Announcement
- 13.5 Call Guidance Notes
- 13.5 Call Application Form
- 13.5 Call Technical Application Form
- 13.5 Expression of Interest
Director’s Discretionary Call
The DiRAC Director of Innovation and Technology invites the UK theory and modelling communities in Astrophysics, Particle Physics and Nuclear Physics to apply for discretionary computational resources on the STFC DiRAC HPC Facility.
More details, including the application form, can be found here.
More information on our Seedcorn Time programme can be found here.
13th Call for Proposals (closed)
The DiRAC Resource Allocation Committee Main Panel meeting will take place on 2nd March 2021 to agree the final allocations for the 13th Call proposals. STFC will inform applicants of the outcome of their proposals by mid-March.
The 14th Call will open in Spring 2021.
13th Call for Proposals Documentation
The Announcement, Forms and Guidance Notes for the 13th Call can be accessed at the links below are below.
- 13th Call Announcement
- 13th Call Guidance Notes
- 13th Call Application Form
- 13th Call Technical Application Form
- 13th Call Technical Scoring Matrix
- 13th Call Research Software Engineering Guidance Notes
- 13th Call Research Software Engineering Request Form
- 13th Call Equality and Inclusion Impact Assessment
Technical case webinar
To assist applicants in the preparation of technical cases, DiRAC ran a webinar in June for potential applicants and a recording of the session can be found at the link below:
- Technical case webinar: Wednesday 3rd June 2020.
DiRAC Webinar: The RAC Technical Assessment
1400 BST, Wed 3 June 2020
Andy Turner, EPCC, The University of Edinburgh
In this webinar we introduced the DiRAC RAC Technical Assessment (TA) form and process. We walked through a sample completed TA form explaining what details are required and why to help you prepare for the recently opened DiRAC RAC call. We also described the TA process and what you can expect from your technical reviewer.
Enquiries should be directed as follows:
- RAC process and remit: STFC Swindon Office (email)
- Technical questions: Technical Working Group (email)
- General Enquiries: Director of Innovation and Technology, Dr Jeremy Yates (email)
- In order to report a security incident or concern, pleases contact DiRAC Security.